– Experts from National Geographic, the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation, SeaLegacy and more will participate in Grounded Summit; Brandon Boyd, Mike Einziger, and Ben Kenney of Incubus will perform –
Press Release – SONOMA, Calif., Feb. 26, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — Grounded Summit, a climate change solutions conference taking place March 20-21, 2019 in Sonoma County, today announced that additional experts from well-known climate change organizations are joining its robust programming lineup.
Record-breaking cold, increased devastating wildfires, Arctic melting; the impact of the changing climate is seen across the country and planet. The science shows the critical importance of taking rapid universal action to restore ecological balance. Grounded Summit was created with that in mind.
The event will unite environmental pioneers, sustainable business leaders, and musical talent for the two-day summit hosted at a private estate in California’s wine country. The summit’s program features some of world’s foremost leaders on climate change.
“The diverse group of speakers and partners participating at the Grounded Summit next month are connected by their commitment to planet-saving action that we need to urgently support.” said Julia Jackson, Founder of the Grounded Foundation and Summit.
Grounded Summit’s expanded lineup will include Steve Brumby, Senior Advisor at National Geographic, and Fabien Laurier, VP of National Geographic Labs. Valerie Craig, Deputy to the Chief Scientist & VP of Operating Programs for National Geographic Society, will join Daniella Russo, Founder and CEO of Think Beyond Plastic, Inc. to address the need for innovative solutions to save our oceans. This Ocean Health & Plastics Innovation panel will also feature:
- Jim Barry, Senior Scientist at the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute
- Emma Riley, Director of Strategic Partnerships, Lonely Whale. On behalf of SeaLegacy.
- Shilpi Chhotray, Senior Communications Officer at Break Free from Plastic
These speakers will bring attention to some of the most critical environmental issues we face today, and address solutions to create long-term positive change.
The Grounded Summit will conclude with a special musical performance from Brandon Boyd, Mike Einziger, and Ben Kenney of Incubus. For nearly two decades, these award-winning musicians have promoted sustainability and responded to natural disasters through their organization, The Make Yourself Foundation.
Additional speakers recently added to the summit’s 30+ roster include:
- Justin Winters, Executive Director of the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation
- Dr. Leslie Field, Founder & CEO of Ice911, an organization on a mission to protect and restore Arctic ice with reflective glass microspheres
- Brent Constantz, CEO of Blue Planet Ltd., a company converting carbon dioxide into limestone aggregate for concrete
- Gaia Gaja, fifth-generation proprietor of Barbaresco’s renowned Gaja winery and a leader in the global wine industry’s response to climate change
- David Festa, Senior Vice President for Environmental Defense Fund and an expert on ecosystem resilience
“We will be collaborating with some of the top minds in climate change and I am honored to provide a platform to bring together this community,” Jackson added. “Grounded Summit was created to change the trajectory of climate change. We must take radical action now because we did not make incremental change before. “
Confirmed corporate partners include: Jackson Family Wines, a leader in environmental stewardship and sustainable winegrowing; Rothy’s, the company creating beautiful, sustainable shoes out of recycled plastic water bottles; Impossible Foods, the company redefining the future of plant-based “meats”; and Allegro Coffee, the creators behind high quality coffees from farmers dedicated to environmental stewardship and worker livelihood. These partners exemplify the sustainable successes achieved by making environmental impact a business priority.
For more details on currently confirmed speakers, attendance information, and sponsorship opportunities, please visit www.grounded.org
Grounded is an environmental summit focused on accelerating innovative, data-driven climate change solutions. Hosted in Sonoma, CA on March 20-21, 2019, Grounded will unite leading voices in climate action, top culinary talent and globally recognized artists & musicians for an immersive two-day summit held near the epicenter of the 2017 fires that ravaged Santa Rosa, California. www.grounded.org
Are you part of the good crowd? Join GoodCrowd.school, school for changemakers today.